A.S. Watson is committed to reducing the environmental impact of its business activities.
The A.S. Watson 2030 Sustainability Vision focuses on engaging local communities and our suppliers in environmental protection awareness programmes, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and improving energy efficiency.
We promote sustainable choices that reduce the environmental footprint of our products, by providing refill options to customers, a better selection of ingredients and packaging materials from sustainable sources.
Our 2030 Sustainability Vision:
- Energy: Reducing electricity intensity by 30% against 2015 baseline by 2030
- Greenhouse Gas:
- Reducing Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions by 50% by 2030 from a 2018 baseline
- Reducing Scope 3 GHG Emissions from purchased goods and services, upstream transportation and distribution by 58% per dollar economic value added by 2030 from a 2018 baseline
- Pledging that 33% of its suppliers by emissions covering purchased goods and services, upstream transportation and distribution will have science-based targets (SBTs) by 2027
- Plastic: Eliminating unnecessary packaging by 2030, avoiding over-packaging and phasing out PVC. Ensure that we use a minimum of 20% recycled plastic content in plastic packaging by 2025
- Protecting Forests:
- Wood-pulp: All Own Brand paper products and packaging to be made exclusively from sustainable materials (FSC, PEFC or recycled) by 2030
- Palm-oil: All Own Brand products to include RSPO-certified palm oil by 2030